FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BitterDC’s Swampy Awards
WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY SEAN SPICER NOMINATED FOR SWAMPY AWARD
“Best Asshole Whisperer” Recognizes Members of the Washington, DC Political Community with the Toughest Bosses
Washington, DC (March 10, 2017) – White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer has been nominated by a group of his peers for the “Best Asshole Whisperer” Swampy Award for 2017.
Spicer, who was raised professionally in the political community and has many friends in “the swamp,” has become an international icon since Inauguration Day for managing to do exactly what his boss wants without have a complete mental breakdown–no matter how insane, asinine, or bat-shit crazy the request is.
Brad Tidwell, founder of political web development firm Infrared Productions and developer of BitterDC.com said “Sweet! We can definitely make some fun memes out of this.”
The description of the Best Asshole Whisperer Award is “The only person in the office who can look the boss right in the eyes and calm that angry beast.”
Co-founder and spokesperson Julie Germany said, “I don’t know why Sean still puts up with this crap. Two months a perfectly acceptable amount of time to put into a professional opportunity before walking…especially in Washington, DC. People do it all the time. I’m proud of Sean for sticking it out and turning sucking it up and taking deep breaths into an art form.”
The Swampy Awards were founded in 2017 by a group of political hacks and are designed to cross partisan lines and celebrate what we do best: make noise, promote stuff, and get attention.
Award categories include:
- Most Popular by Host Committee Votes
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Internet Trolling
- The Top DC Advocacy Campaigns Nobody Cared About
- All-Around Sexiest Beltway Beasts
- 30 Over 30 Who Never Changed the World But Still Have Time
- Most Wonderfully Shameless Self Promoters
- DC’s Most Likely to Nominate Themselves for An Award (Self-nominations only)
- Most Arrogant, Colorful LinkedIn Profile Artists
- Most Valuable P(l)ayer Award
- The Most Lovable Nerds in Politics
- Best Asshole Whisperer
- Most Adored Political Blogger/Reporter
- The Swamp Rat Award for Most Egregious Displays of Success on Social Media
- World’s Greatest Humble Bragger in Politics
Swampy Award nominations are open to the public. The awards will be announced on May 6, 2017.
More information about the Swampy Awards can be found at http://bitterdc.com.